Side Note: The USA is still ahead, but the International Crowd is
making its move!
77.2% of the people who answered correctly have been from the US,
22.8% have been from outside of the US, and the other one has been a
foreign national claiming to be American with no proof of citizenship.
- -- Ralph Kloess (14 May 1997)
- US Luke Parrish (27 Oct 1997)
- DK Niels Svennekjær (28 Dec 1997)
- ?? Unnamed Claiming to be an American (21 Jan 1998)
- AU Jon Hedley (22 Feb 1998)
- AU Alexander Usenko (4 Mar 1998)
- US Douglas McDowall (2 Apr 1998)
- US Alec Ginsberg (20 Apr 1998)
- US Chad Kreimendahl (20 Apr 1998)
- US Mark Holt, SGI (4 Jun 1998)
- US Rich Groves (4 Jun 1998)
- US Mike Stone (19 Jun 1998)
- US Anthony Ramirez (20 Jul 1998)
- US Steven R. Loomis (25 Jul 1998)
- US James H. Reprogel (5 Aug 1998)
- US Elmer Kuehn (8 Aug 1998)
- US David Miller (11 Aug 1998)
- US Li Glover (17 Aug 1998)
- US Amy Lee (1 Sep 1998)
- US Nick Finck (10 Sep 1998)
- US Ralph N. (29 Sep 1998)
- DE Peter Ertl (18 Oct 1998)
- US Matthew Blevins (26 Oct 1998)
- AU David Ford (27 Oct 1998)
- AU Don Barron (28 Oct 1998)
- US Chris Gunsolley (28 Oct 1998)
- US Clint Sharp (30 Oct 1998)
- US Wyatt Alex Zastrow (9 Nov 1998)
- US Robert L Burdic (15 Dec 1998)
- US Dave Carson (16 Dec 1998)
- US Laurence Mapp (16 Dec 1998)
- US David L. Montigny (29 Dec 1998)
- US David R. Kirk (7 Jan 1999) - From my old company UUNET!
- US Mike Marfino & Vince Mele (15 Feb 1999)
- NZ Gary Shingles (16 Feb 1999)
- UK Ben Bronks (23 Feb 1999)
- US Erek Adams (2 Mar 1999)
- US Ethan Melloul (2 Mar 1999)
- US Derek J. Middleton (6 Mar 1999)
- US Keith Humanitzki (13 Mar 1999)
- US Colin Anthony Bloch (17 Mar 1999)
- US Patrick W. Gilmore (26 Mar 1999)
- US Mike Knoll (7 Apr 1999)
- US Mark I Manning IV (8 Apr 1999)
Side Note 2: Apologies to Alec and Chad whom I thought had
cheated and told each other the answer, but found out later that they didn't.
Side Note 3: Mike Marfino and Vince Mele worked on it together,
so they are being counted as 1 correct answer together.
Side Note 4: If you don't see your name up here, then you may
have answered correctly, but not supported your answer with any RFC's, or even
submitted any proofs. You need to do that so I know you REALLY know what you
are talking about, and didn't just copy off of someone elses paper!!!
Here are some FUNNY responses (that are wrong) that I've gotten already --
HELLO -- this isn't an EASY question.
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 12:14:40 -0400
From: Michael McIntyre
Please tell me there is something more interesting going on here than
you getting 3508506659 either registered or hacked into the namesever.
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:53:41 -0400
From: Michael McIntyre
Subject: RE: Solution?
OK. I'm not an idiot. Would you mind giving me a hint as to what is so
special about that page? I am a 34 year old entrepreur and software
developer with 20 years of experience, but I've not been doing any web
This is the best answer yet!
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:07:49 -0600
I believe that 3508506659 is just the Domain name registered to ip
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:41:37 -0500
From: al cox
simply look in the browser address window
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 07:14:28 PST
It works becouse it is on the same server. Becouse it's told to pull
info from http://3508506659/~beckman/ip/ to purplecow.com but if you
link it to http://3508506659/~beckman/ip/ it will show that url put
still be on the same server in the same spot
Am I right??
IP Problem invading SPAM!!! UGH...
Received: from nt.cnbcut ([22.214.171.124])
by mailserver (8.9.1/8.9.1) with ESMTP id XAA16363
for ; Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:42:02 -0500 (EST)
Received: from atl-qbu-zpg-vty52.as.wcom.NET by nt.cnbcut with SMTP (Microsoft
Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.0.1460.8)
id WN8YZMR0; Tue, 10 Nov 1998 02:45:23 -0200
Subject: FREE CATALOGS... Hundreds of Categories to Choose From!
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.05.1712.3
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V(null).1712.3
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 07:11:48 -0500
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by mailserver id XAA16363
[ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
Announcing FREE CATALOGS! A FREE Service dedicated to bringing you the World's
Absolutely FREE.. No Strings Attached!
We only only send the catalogs you request.
Sign on today to be eligible for our FREE MONTHLY CASH GIVE-A-WAY!
Looks like someone saw my site, figured it out, and are now
using it in their SPAM!!!! Ugh...
Those were funny.